Shull Piano provides a full range of piano action service:
1. Maintaining the regulation and voicing of an action in otherwise good condition
2. Partial rebuilding, which typically involves the replacement of hammers, shanks and flanges, new keybushings, regulation and voicing.
3. Complete rebuilding, which adds wippen replacement, backcheck replacement, and sometimes key replacement.
4. Touchweight and geometry analysis along with any of the above. A range of options permitting touchweight adjustment are available, even without parts replacement. We are able to dramatically improve the management of the action to meet the client’s needs, whether or not the action is rebuilt. And ideally, we will also be contracted to perform Stanwood Precision TouchDesign service (below).
5. Stanwood Precision TouchDesign service: With these procedures we are able to achieve the most uniform touch, custom-tailored touch weight, and a range of touchweight adjustability. The basic principles we use in option 4, above, are now carried out by means of touchweight metrology, and the most uniform, balanced piano action is achieved. This involves the careful measuring and calibration of elements such as key ratio, strike weight, key front weight, in a manner which permits the custom blueprinting of the piano action.